Position Title: Office Assistant
Purpose: The Office Assistant supports the Placer Land Trust (PLT) mission to protect natural and agricultural land in Placer County forever by helping to ensure that we operate effectively, efficiently, and positively to inspire connection between the community and our work.
Key Responsibilities: The Office Assistant’s duties will change as projects are completed and new projects become priorities. In general, the position will cover administrative, outreach and fundraising assistance, and may be include any of the following activities:
- Maintaining organization files and records, e.g. copying, scanning, filing, purging, auditing, and reconciling files
- Helping to ensure office supplies are stocked and the general office area is organized
- Preparing, printing and compiling mailings
- Conducting research on special projects, e.g. fundraising and/or outreach events
- Supporting preparation activities for fundraising and outreach events, e.g. solicit raffle items
- Providing logistical support at fundraising and outreach events as able
- Performing errands as needed by staff, e.g. taking correspondence to the post office, picking up supplies, picking up or delivering documents
- Assisting with data entry of databases and spreadsheets, e.g. event calendar/log or volunteer tracking
Hours and Location: The Office Assistant will work at the PLT office in Auburn, CA. We are looking for a commitment of three to four hours per day (between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), two to three weekdays per week, for a minimum of three months. On occasion, the Office Assistant may be asked but not required to support an event outside of agreed-upon hours. After three months, the Office Assistant may be reappointed for another term upon agreement between PLT and volunteer.
- Basic knowledge of data entry and comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel. Experience with PowerPoint, Photoshop, or other programs a plus.
- Pleasant, positive, problem-solving, dependable, organized
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and interest in land conservation, outdoor education or recreation
Support: Training for this position will be provided, and staff will be available at any time for questions and assistance. Incidental costs incurred by the Office Assistance for travel related to errands or work while performing requested duties will be reimbursed.
To apply: Email letter of interest and resume—or statement of experience if no resume is available—to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position, please contact Eden Rock at 530.887.9222.
Placer Land Trust is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.