- Protected wilderness provides habitat and clean air and water for wildlife and us
- Preserved open space gives us places to explore, play and live a healthy lifestyle
- Farms that stay farms forever will continue to provide nourishing food for generations to come
- All of the above makes Placer County a unique, special place to be
YOU can ensure these benefits continue forever through your support of PLT on the Big Day of Giving!
WHAT is Big Day of Giving?
Big Day of Giving is 24-hour online giving challenge that brings together the region’s nonprofit community to help raise much needed unrestricted funds and shine a spotlight on the work nonprofits do to make the greater Sacramento region the place we call home.
This will be the fourth year that PLT has participated in this event, and we are proud to say that our members have helped us raise over $360,000 in the first three years—in just three days (I did the math and that’s an average of over $5,000 an hour)!
WHEN is it?
Technically, the online event takes place all day on Thursday, May 4th, from midnight to midnight. For all of you Star Wars fans, just think, “May the Fourth be with you!” However, you can pre-schedule your gift now so you can “set it and forget it” (your credit card won’t be charged until May 4th).
WHY should I donate during the Big Day of Giving?
A group of generous Placer Land Trust members have come together to build a $60,000 matching fund for the Big Day of Giving. This means that YOUR donation will be DOUBLED through May 4th (for as long as matching funds are available)!
Plus ALL of our Big Day of Giving donors will receive an invitation to a special event this summer at our newest preserve—you won’t want to miss spending a day here!
WHAT methods of payment are accepted?
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted for online gifts. NEW this year, offline gifts of checks and cash can also be accepted by giving directly to Placer Land Trust (these gifts must be received by 5pm on May 4th).
- DONATE now until midnight on May 4 at bigdayofgiving.org/placerlandtrust, or by cash or checks directly to Placer Land Trust by 5pm on May 4
- SHAREyour support of PLT with your friends via email, social media and in person (use the hashtag #BDOG2017 and #IGave2PLT on social media to help build the excitement—and be sure to follow along yourself)