The Operations Director job is being offered as a full-time salaried exempt position. The Operation Director will be part of Placer Land Trust’s leadership team, and will plan, implement and supervise many of the organization’s programs and operations in the following areas.
- Administration: Manage and supervise PLT’s administrative team of 2+ employees. Ensure PLT is efficient and effective, using best practices to achieve success. Lead PLT in implementing its Strategic Plan, including building the capacity of PLT and its people.
- Financial Management: Oversee the sound management of PLT’s finances, bookkeeping, budgeting, fiscal health, long-term sustainability, and financial accountability.
- Fund Development: Manage and supervise PLT’s fund development team of 2+ employees. Develop metrics to help PLT prioritize fundraising efforts, as well as its supporting outreach and marketing. Lead the development of a robust planned giving program and a stronger grants acquisition program. Support and increase existing annual giving, major gifts, and event revenue. Cultivate and steward relationships with individual donors, business donors, grant-making entities, and NGO and public agency partners.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of personnel management or team leadership experience. Strong people management skills and the ability to organize and motivate others.
- Three years of nonprofit fundraising leadership experience. Experience cultivating and stewarding relationships to support a nonprofit organization.
- Financial management experience, including familiarity with bookkeeping, budgeting and reporting.
- Project management experience, including overseeing multiple projects through to success, and meeting financial goals and project deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including ability to represent PLT well to our partners, members, and the public. Strong team-building and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities. Positive and pleasant demeanor.
- Strong written communication, attention-to-detail, problem-solving, quality control, and time management skills. Ability to work independently and decisively with little supervision.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to trouble-shoot basic computer user problems and learn new computer skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel for work. Valid California Driver’s License.
PLT is offering compensation including a competitive salary and other benefits, to be determined based on experience.
Deadline and How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and 1-3 professional references to PLT by Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
If by hardcopy, mail to: Placer Land Trust, Attn: Jeff Darlington, 11641 Blocker Drive, Suite 220, Auburn, CA 95603. If electronic, attach documents in PDF or Microsoft Word format to email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.