The Administrative Assistant job is being offered as a part-time hourly (non-exempt) position, 10-20 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant’s duties are generally as follows:
- Administrative work, including filing, data entry, meeting minutes, mailings, office cleaning, office supplies, running errands, research, secretarial duties, etc.
- Communications and fundraising assistance, including event assistance, publications, mailings, grant compliance, social media, etc.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in administrative, clerical, communications, customer service, research, or related fields, with satisfactory references.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to represent PLT well to our partners, members, and the public. Positive and pleasant demeanor, with great people skills. Team player willing to take on any task, and perform it cheerfully and efficiently to help the organization succeed.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, quality control, and time management skills. Ability to work independently and decisively with little supervision. Strong problem-solving ability.
- Basic computer proficiency, including ability to trouble-shoot basic computer user problems and learn new computer skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
The following qualifications are desired, but not required:
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with nonprofit community relations and/or fundraising.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Additional computer skills and experience, including ability in Adobe Photoshop and graphic design programs, database programs, IT/networking, WordPress, and Twitter.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
PLT is offering compensation including an hourly wage and other benefits, to be determined based on experience. If a candidate desires to volunteer for this position without pay, please indicate that in the cover letter.
Deadline and How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and 1-3 professional references to PLT by Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
If by hardcopy, mail to: Placer Land Trust, Attn: Jeff Darlington, 11641 Blocker Drive, Suite 220, Auburn, CA 95603. If electronic, attach documents in PDF or Microsoft Word format to email and send to: email@example.com.